One of the recipes I ate most growing up as a child is also one of the simplest and cheapest that I can make. My Granny and her sister alway make this when we go to visit one of them. If you are looking for a way to say in your grocery budget this is the recipe for you.
- 4 TBS butter
- ½ C flour
- ½ C milk
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 chicken, cut up and deboned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil chicken
- While chicken is cooling, melt butter in another pot.
- Add flour and milk.
- Whisk together so as not to lump.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth from chicken and then add chicken pieces.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.